The Sailing Trip was a success. We got back the week of Christmas, revived, refreshed and ready to ski. We had a wonderful time, the weather was great, the water warm and most importantly we had a happy baby!We found that the key to having the happiest baby on board a sail boat is being equipped with a jumper. Jack loves his jumper and this one did great with the rocking and tilting of the boat. He hardly ever cried and when the seas were rough I would take him into our little cabin below and we would both take a very good nap.
Jack loves his Dad
Jack absolutely loves his Dad. Whenever Jack sees his father or hears his voice he gets that big grin on his face and can't take his eyes off of him, I think he gets that from his mother. I know, I know, this boys hair is a little crazy.
This is us at the Baths, one of the hot spots in the Virgin Islands. In the background you can see the boat we chartered.
Jack and Big MamaIt took Jack a little while to get used to the feel of the sand, and he didn't like the ocean all that much at first either, but with a little coaxing he loved the beach. Of course when Jack wasn't in his jumper he was in his mothers arms or in his life jacket. I am afraid, now that we are home, that he thinks he should still be in his Mothers arms all the time.


This is Jeff with he best catch of the trip, a Mahi Mahi. They filleted that poor thing right on the spot and ate it for dinner. Everyone said it was goooood eatin', being prego I stayed below deck to avoid the smell and the mercury. Also Jeff loves finding new ways to entertain himself, this is him diving off the Bimini of our sail boat.
Jack in his Jumper
Jack asleep down below, out like a light. He is wearing the super cool out fit Jamie got him. The rash guard and the board shorts worked out great, thanks Jamie.

It was a great Whitmer Vacation, all went well. I am so grateful for such a wonderful husband who loves to sail his little family around the islands of the Carribean, and also for such a good son who loves being dragged anywhere and everywhere.
3 comments:
those are some awesome pictures! i loved the one of jeff jumping. crazy! i wish i had a vacation in the near future! love ya
so cute. I am glad you finally made another post. It was so good to see ya at the sweater party. Thanks for hosting it at your house. Jack is adorable.
ok so i have another comment...clearly i did not read closely enough to see that you mentioned you were PREGNANT AGAIN!!! how am i always the last to catch on?? anyway, can you email me any pics from our party since I didn't bring my camera?? Thanks love ya, AND OF COURSE Congruatulations!!!
Post a Comment