After several months of planning and rethinking everything from laundry rooms to kitchens to light fixtures, our house plans have been approved by the city and the building process has begun. Yeah! This is Jeff and Jack looking at our lot in Kaysville. At this point the land had been surveyed and staked to prepare for the dig.
This is the shot from the back of the lot towards the east.
So Last Monday the 12Th the hole was dug, Jack and I are standing in the nook of the kitchen, well at least that is what I was envisioning.
Jeff inspecting the forms for the foundation.
Jack inspecting the mud!So it has been a week and half and the foundation is poured, we can't believe it. It is so exciting to see it finally come together, of course there is a long way to go, but we love seeing the whole process. Jack and I are standing in what will be Jeff's part of house, the garage.

So while the building of the house is cool and exciting, something that is even more exciting is this.....
18 months old and going to the bathroom like a big Kid. Jack went potty all on his own. He has gone to the bathroom in his special seat every day for the past five. Amazing! Just one day I said I had to go to the bathroom and he just followed me in and started to take his pants off. I thought he was just playing around, but sure enough he did a little dance and then went in his seat. He can't sit on it, he refuses he has to do it like the big kids, so he just stands there and goes. I can't believe it. I'm not saying that he is potty trained but I think we are close, he is still wearing his diapers and probably will for a while. Jeff and I are just so impressed with our little one!Jack has also found his own little baby, he was getting a little jealous of his cousin Ella's baby doll, so he got his Shrek baby and Kenny's bottle and just started taking care of him. So cute.

One of Jack's other favorite things is cleaning out the rest of his Dad's pint of Ben and Jerry's and sharing with Sugar.


My little Kenny Kens. This little one is growing up so fast he is SIX months now. He is so much fun, always laughing, except for when he's hungry of course. Almost sitting up all on his own and is now rolling over.


So while Jack can go potty on the potty seat, he still loves a bottle, and it just doesn't seem fair if Kenny gets one and he doesn't. My Mom said they can have their bottle until Two, so I'm going with that.

The boys wearing their Frog Hats, thanks Grandma Connie.

Kenny loves the dinosaur too.

...have I mentioned I love these boys.
6 comments:
Oh my heck! I can't believe Jack is slightly potty trained! That is amazing, he is still so little! I only wish Maisie would try but she just likes to sit on the potty and throw toilet paper in it. Oh and I love the frog hat picture, that is too cute.
PS Your house looks awesome, I bet you guys are so excited!
Hearing that Jack has gone potty all on his own is like a knife to my gullet. Dax, being 3, and still refusing to crap on the seat......oh well. One day it will click. Maybe Jack can give Dax lessons?
That blue-eyed Kenny is GORGEOUS!
Can't wait to hang out in your beautiful home soon!
lol, those pis of jack and kenny are so cute!!! And how exciting about the house and the potty training!!! I have a feeling Emmy is going to be stuborn about that one. We all need to get together again sometime soon. love u guys.
How exciting!! Building is so fun! I love Kaysville so I'm pretty jealous :) Congrats on Jack and the potty and Kenny is gettin so big! I love them both...
What an amazing mom you are!! The boys are adorable! You are a lucky women!
I saw your pics on Shannon's website they are AMAZING. I love them.
Post a Comment